We need the very best people to maintain our position as a market leader. This includes those taking their first steps onto the career ladder – after all you are the future of our industry and if you’ve got ideas and ambition we know you’ll thrive at Tetra Tech.
A Word from Craig Hatch, President of Tetra Tech in the UK & Ireland
Our Early Careers Scheme is a structured programme, which supports the personal and professional development of apprentices and graduates as they start out in their chosen career.
- Development workshops
- Invaluable experience of working on live projects
- Personal development support via mentors, buddies, and a dedicated learning team
- A range of training methods including facilitated training courses, site-based learning, classroom-based learning and e-learning courses
If you join Tetra Tech as an apprentice or graduate, as well as taking part in the Early Careers Scheme you will be working within one of our industry-leading teams learning from our experienced colleagues who will share their expertise and knowledge with you as you get involved in exciting, ground-breaking projects. You’ll also have the chance to connect with others also starting out in their career.
“At Tetra Tech, we pride ourselves on our inclusivity, flexibility and enabling opportunities for all. Our early years programme gives you the support and tools to not only launch your career but to develop and thrive at it.
It’s an exciting time to join us at Tetra Tech. Our business is evolving and growing, solving our clients’ problems through Leading with Science®, to deliver on projects across the UK, Ireland and around the globe creating fantastic opportunities for our people.
I look forward to hopefully welcoming you to Tetra Tech soon”.
How To Apply
The benefits of joining Tetra Tech early careers:
- Apprentices gain a fully funded qualification and take home a salary
- Graduates encouraged to continue on the job training and further Training Courses
- Sponsored Continuing Professional Development (CPD) allowing employees to become a member of a professional body to achieve Chartership status.
- Work-based learning with onsite experience
- Development of soft skills such as presentation, communication, and critical thinking
- Access to one-to-one mentorship
- Career pathways to support your career development and progression within the company
- Development of communication, problem solving, team working and time management skills
- Working with a range of other in-house disciplines as part of your project work
- Networking and social events
- A fantastic flexible benefits package
- The opportunity to work on exciting and ground-breaking projects.
We don’t want Tetra Tech to be just your first role, we want it to be an exciting start to you career and ultimately a choice that you are proud to have made. Find out more at: Working With Us – Tetra Tech Europe
As an apprentice at Tetra Tech you will be studying for an industry-leading qualification while gaining invaluable industry experience to help you progress your career.
Previous apprentices with us have worked in: Accountancy, Architecture, Building Services, Business Administration, Civil Engineering, Credit Control, HR, IT, Project management and Surveying
Why do an Apprenticeship at Tetra Tech?
We offer apprenticeships from levels 3 to 7 (Find out more about what level may be right for you at gov.uk/become-apprentice) where you will work alongside, and learn from our team of experts gaining experience in dealing with real projects to advance your skills and knowledge whilst completing your studies.
You can find out more information about apprenticeships at gov.uk.
As a graduate at Tetra Tech, you will have the opportunity to progress your professional career and apply and continue to develop what you learnt at university.
Previous graduates roles within Tetra Tech have included working on projects in the property, nuclear, residential, government services, energy & utilities, transport and defence sectors
Why do a graduate role at Tetra Tech?
By joining our graduate programme you will become part of a network of graduates who you can work with as you develop. As well as advancing in your chosen discipline you will be introduced to a range of learning that will help you to develop your personal and business acumen too.
What we look for in Early Careers applications
When applying for a graduate or apprentice role it is important to be able to stand out from the crowd. We have put together a list of things that our managers will be looking at when reviewing applications to help you.
- Qualifications or predicted grades –
- Graduates require a minimum 2:1,
- Apprentices- must meet the entry requirements stated in the role
- Is your CV tailored to meet the job requirements?
- Do you have any relevant work experience/placements?
- What extra-curricular activities you take part in?
- Is your formatting, spelling and grammar good?
- Do you have an interesting and engaging cover letter?
The Assessment Process
As part of the recruitment process for our early career’s positions, graduates and apprentices are asked to complete online psychometrics which align to our values and competencies. Once complete, shortlisted candidates will be invited to a virtual assessment session, after successful completion of this session, candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face assessment day.
These events provide an opportunity for you to learn more about Tetra Tech and our Early Careers and Technical Development Schemes. You will meet managers and representatives from the team you could be working with.
Assessment days also typically involve some presentations, group tasks and an individual interview.
You can prepare for the assessment day by
- Researching Tetra Tech and our projects
- Preparing some questions
- Planning your journey and arriving in plenty of time!
Our Timeline for Applications
- Sept – Graduate and apprentice roles advertised
- End Oct – Deadline for applications
- Nov & Dec – Shortlisting of candidates
- Feb – Face to face assessment days and offers made
- Sept – New colleagues join our business
Meet some of our Graduates & Apprentices
Tia Moore – Graduate Archaeological Consultant
“The flexibility of working from home and going into the office fits into my lifestyle well, and I have been able to make friends across multiple disciplines who I have been able to learn from. I feel very supported by Tetra Tech, and the company has enabled me to undertake courses to progress my career. They have sponsored me to join the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists and are encouraging me to attend webinars and CPD to develop my knowledge”
Ashleigh Toomey – Graduate Ecologist
“The graduate programme so far has been great. Straight away I was involved in some local projects and a larger project in the Midlands. I feel I have had a good mix of report and field work so far. As this is my first job on my career path, I have a mentor who supports me as well. Overall, I am really enjoying working for Tetra Tech and I am looking forward to what the future brings.”
Chris Hull – Apprentice Project Manager
“My favorite aspect of my role is being directly involved with the contractors, observing their progress, and feeling like I am making a significant impact. It’s fulfilling to be part of a collaborative network that works together cohesively to achieve a shared goal. I have found great value in Tetra Tech’s Early Career Scheme, as it has allowed me to expand my professional network by connecting with fellow apprentices across the UK.”
Rosie Durham – Graduate GIS Consultant
“My favourite aspect of working at Tetra Tech is the ability to meet and work with so many different people with such varied skill sets. There are so many opportunities to work on different projects and to expand on my technical and non-technical development. I have learnt so much in my short time at Tetra Tech and I’m excited to see what’s next for me within the company. “
Mollie, Graduate GIS Consultant shares her experience of spending 12 months within Tetra Tech. From joining the graduate cohort during the early weeks to playing a vital role in project development, Mollie shares with us her journey so far…