Tetra Tech’s multidisciplinary team provides highway and infrastructure design services to help clients improve roads and connectivity to communities and growth areas.
As experts in highways and infrastructure standards and legislation, our team understands how to deliver cost-effective solutions to complex infrastructure problems in the public and private sectors.
With a highly multidisciplinary team, our capabilities span the complete lifecycle of a project, from feasibility, planning, and preliminary design to detailed design, contractor procurement, site support, and handover. Whether we deploy a full multidisciplinary team or a single specialist, we have the range of experience to support highways, infrastructure, and development projects of all sizes.
Some of these projects include local highway improvements, new transport links between urban centres, small residential developments, sustainable urban developments (SUEs), large commercial developments, and Highways England.
Our services include:
- Development infrastructure, including Section 278 & Section 38 highway adoptions.
- Highway & bridge design to meet adoptable standards – DMRB or local authority design guides that include road pavement analysis & design, traffic signs, road markings & lighting, etc.
- Drainage design, flood risk assessments, & flood management schemes, including Section 104 sewer adoptions
- External works & private drainage designs.
- Public transport schemes
- Transport interchange & public realm
- Utilities coordination & preliminary utilities appraisals
- Park & ride
- Earthworks strategies, including cut & fill analysis.
- Project management from tender preparation & evaluation to programming & control
- Highway construction supervision, site support, and site representative services for design teams
- Major highways, planning, statutory procedures & orders process