Tetra Tech Planning has a longstanding record in providing strategic town planning advice to clients and delivering permissions for healthcare developments.
With an ever aging and growing population, demand for UK health services will increase dramatically in coming years. Investing in access to proper healthcare facilities will become critical to improving people’s quality of life.
We provide strategic planning advice from project inception to construction and operation. Whether we advise on major planning applications and listed building consents or site portfolios and disposal, we can offer a partial or full planning and design service to meet operational healthcare requirements and maximise asset value.
Our clients include NHS Trusts, NHS Property Services, and independent healthcare providers. We support development of new hospitals, clinics, and GP surgeries. We also work in secure healthcare, supporting specialist provision for issues like mental health and addiction.
Our wide-ranging healthcare experience means we have:
- a sound understanding of the relevant town planning issues
- a comprehensive working knowledge of the NHS estate & regime
- substantial practical experience in delivering complex & high-profile (and sometimes very controversial) development proposals
With decades of experience in the sector, we understand:
- the regulatory constraints
- the specific accommodation requirements of various services
- the need to meet challenging programme requirements
- the need to secure funding & how planning strategies can support this
- the various approaches to decant strategies
Our services include:
- Site appraisals & planning strategies
- Planning applications
- Listed building & other consents
- Planning obligations & CIL
- Planning appeals & expert witness
- Development plan representations
- Stakeholder & community engagement