Tetra Tech provides robust and pragmatic geo-environmental advice to unlock the potential of development sites and identify potential risks and liabilities.
Good geo-environmental advice is essential to ensure projects proceed safely, efficiently, and sustainably. Tetra Tech’s geologists, geotechnical engineers, hydrogeologists, geochemists, and risk assessors provide robust and pragmatic technical advice that caters to client’s specific needs.
We put regulatory and commercial issues at the centre of all solutions. Our dedicated in-house ground investigation team has extensive experience across a range of sectors, including heavily controlled and regulated environments such as railways, highways, and operational energy site
Our work often involves collaborating on multidisciplinary projects, where our holistic approach creates greater efficiency and value for the client. With specialists all around the UK, we bring local and national knowledge to supporting public and private sector projects.
Our services include:
Site Development & Brownfield Regeneration
- remediation and reclamation design, management and delivery
- geotechnical and earthworks design, both in traditional and design & build arrangements.
- contaminated land risk assessment
- regulatory liaison
- remediation options appraisals
- remediation design, management and supervision
- remediation tender management and validation
- liability assessments
- pollution response management.
- tailored intrusive investigations including overwater,and underground rail investigations
- mine workings and mine shaft investigations
- emergency spill response investigations
- installation of all instrumentation and monitoring
- site supervision by ground investigation specialists
- production of exploratory hole logs (to British Standard 5930 and Eurocodes) using Holebase/AGS4 software
- geotechnical and chemical laboratory testing
- factual and interpretative reporting.
- ground investigation design and interpretation
- earthworks assessment and design
- slope stability assessments
- ground improvement
- soil reinforcement
- retaining structures
- foundation and pavement design
- earthquake engineering assessments including liquefaction
- temporary works design
- settlement and ground movement analysis
- mining risk assessments and design, supervision and validation of ground stabilisation
- regulator and stakeholder liaison
- expert witness
- dispute resolution
Hydrogeology & Water Quality
- groundwater resource development
- private water supply
- source protection zone assessments
- geothermal feasibility and design
- de-watering design
- quarry impact assessment
- hydrogeological risk assessments
- landfill monitoring
- cemetery assessments
- design, installation, and operation of local and national groundwater monitoring strategies
- groundwater flood risk assessments.