Tetra Tech’s environmental planning team offers diverse technical and specialist services through project design, planning, and implementation.
Successful sustainable development hinges on thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the planning process, statutory obligations, and predicted changes to policy. Our large team of professional environmental consultants have worked across all sectors, from small-scale housing developments to Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects (NSIPs).
We pride ourselves on our technical skills and collaborative mindset. The versatility of our experts lets us bring local knowledge to delivering succesful national projects, in addition to resourcing significant schemes in-house on short notice with appropriately qualified and experienced people.
Our services include:
Environmental Impact Assessment
We develop practical and innovative mitigation measures addressing environmental effects at early stages to avoid risk, delays, and unnecessary costs. We are a registered Environmental Impact Assessor through IEMA’s EIA Quality Mark scheme, which provides a benchmark for EIA services through peer review.
- EIA coordination & production of Environmental Statements.
- EIA peer review for local authorities.
- Environmental constraints & opportunities analysis.
- Construction Environmental Management Plans (CEMPs).
- Climate change assessments.
- Health impact assessments.
- Cumulative impact assessment.
- Socioeconomic assessments.
- Sustainability assessments.
Our award-winning ecology team supports national projects through feasibility, planning, and beyond.
- Habitat and protected species survey work.
- Ecological Clerk of Works and monitoring.
- Protected species licensing including complex and time-critical projects and in relation to Health & Safety.
- Specialist expertise including in relation to Biodiversity Net Gain, Nutrient Neutrality and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA).
View our Ecology Survey Calendar
Noise, Air, Light and Odour (NALO)
Noise, lighting, and air pollution affect our health and wellbeing. Our dedicated experts include scientists and technical personnel who manage and support assessment and control of environmental impacts. We provide assessments, including monitoring, modelling, expert witness, and inquiries. Past projects have dealt with the likes of helicopter noise, lead paint occupational exposure, lighting effects on barbastelle bats, and noise transfer through walls from gym weights.
Archaeology and Heritage
Timely archaeological input can reduce risks from unexpected archaeological discoveries and enhance placemaking.
- Archaeological assessment including desk-based studies and site surveys.
- Research, public engagement, & outreach.
- Addressing issues from discovery of nationally significant archaeological remains during development.
- Supporting conservation and management of ancient monuments and historic landscapes.
- World Heritage Site assessments
Waste and Resource Management
How we handle our waste could leave an unwelcome legacy for future generations, especially if we ignore its potential as a resource. Our specialists use their planning and permitting skills to support clients in developing waste resource and management facilities that maintain full regulatory compliance as requirements change. We develop strategies to reduce waste volume and provide economic and environmentally friendly disposal options.
On mineral sites, we provide innovative solutions to inform negotiations and expert witness advice to help win planning permissions for complex sites and assist with obtaining the latest regulatory consents. We also prepare site waste management plans and mineral resource assessments. We have extensive commercial due diligence experience and expertise in procurement advice for local authorities.