Tetra Tech provides the full range of fire safety engineering and compliance services in the UK and abroad to protect buildings, occupants, and the environment.
Underestimating the likelihood and danger of a fire breaking out could lead to catastrophic consequences for a business and its operations. Tetra Tech takes an all-encompassing approach to mitigating this risk through cost-effective strategies that help clients protect their buildings and people.
Although the science of fire engineering may be the same on every project, our experts apply bespoke solutions to each building’s unique risks, whether it be an apartment block, food store, hospital, school, or aircraft hangar. Having supported projects in the UK and abroad, we handle everything from performance-based design at concept stage to fire risk assessments and compliance with the Fire Safety Order upon occupation.
We ensure fire protection measures in a building are intelligently designed, installed, and maintained. Working with our cost consultancy team and other in-house disciplines, we also prepare tender documentation and manage remediation works on behalf of building owners.
The industry has continually recognized our expertise, with our team becoming affiliate members of the Institution of Fire Engineers, and members of the Association of Specialist Fire Protection. Many of our fire risk assessors are also registered through third party certification schemes like the Institution of Fire Engineers’ Fire Risk Assessors Register and the Institute of Fire Safety Managers’ Tier 3 Nationally Accredited Fire Risk Assessors Register (NAFRAR).
We have also achieved the highest-standard Gold approval from NSI for the provision of Life Safety Fire Risk Assessments in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001:2015, NSI Quality Schedule FRAQS 123, and BAFE Scheme Document SP 205 Part 1.
Some of the notable frameworks we provide our services to include:
- Crown Commercial Services Lot 4 RM3816
- NHS Shared Business Services, Lot 11
- Procurement for Housing (PfH) Fire safety Consultancy Framework
Our services include:
Fire Risk Assessments
In line with Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order and PAS79 for occupied premises and construction sites
Fire Risk Management
To help clients update and implement corporate fire safety policies that balance their business needs with changes in the regulatory framework.
Fire Safety Engineering
- Development of fire strategies for new build projects, change of use, or design
- Participate in design team meetings
- Expert advice during the statutory approval and construction process
- Design and drawing appraisals checking for fire design compliance with Approved Document B of the Building Regulations, BS9999, BS9991, or fire engineering design
- Authorising engineer services in the healthcare sector
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) smoke modelling
Passive Fire Protection and Fire Door Surveys
Services to assess and advise on individual issues, including:
- Fire safety management & end-user fire safety manuals
- Passive & active fire safety building systems
- Occupancy levels
- Places of special fire risk
- Fire escape doors & fire escape routes
- Fire fighting lifts
- Emergency lighting
- Fire alarms, hydrants, sprinklers, and firefighting equipment
- Specialist fire protection systems
- Arrangements for disabled people
- Fire appliance routes
- Construction fire safety audits & plans