Image courtesy of Bowmer and Kirkland
We are immensely proud of our contribution towards a new development on Peterborough’s South Bank, Fletton Quays. The 6.4-hectare site, located on the prime riverfront just south of the city centre, continues at pace since receiving outline planning consent in December 2015 on behalf of Peterborough Investment Partnership (PIP).
The build-out of the £120 million scheme, which includes a new office for Peterborough City Council (opened 1st September), has seen extensive ongoing collaborative working from our multi-disciplinary teams, who have provided a wide range of services including civil & structural engineering, transport, environmental and geo-environmental.
Tetra Tech is a key member of the delivery team for the following:
- New office for circa 1,000 council employees (Bride Hall Developments Ltd/ L&G)
- More than 350 high-quality riverside apartments (Weston Homes)
- 160-bedroom hotel (Hilton Garden Inn)
- Restaurants, leisure and retail opportunities
- Multi-storey car park in excess of 400 spaces (Bride Hall Developments Ltd/ L&G)
- Public realm spaces offering views across the river towards the cathedral
- Cycle and pedestrian links along the south bank
- A dedicated landscaping and wildlife area
- Innovative sustainable drainage strategy
- The refurbishment of Grade II listed Victorian rail sheds (Bride Hall Developments Ltd/ L&G)
In addition, Peterborough City Council has independently purchased the former mill that is adjacent to the site. The aim is to convert the building into an arts and culture hub, whilst also providing a new home for Metal Peterborough. Grant funding is being sought and success has already been achieved with over £1.5 million having been secured, including the best part of £½ million awarded from Arts Council England towards the redevelopment.
Arnold Ashton has been appointed as Project Manager by Peterborough City Council to oversee the redevelopment works and already we have successfully secured planning consent and now, with the preferred contractor on site, are working through pre-construction activities and enabling works before the more substantial construction works begin.